Subject: Using M-Audio Axiom Transports with ACID PRO 6
Posted by: Zacchino
Date: 5/12/2008 6:16:00 PM
Works for both 49/61 AND 21 keys versions of the M-Audio Axiom midi controller.
If you wanna be able to use the transport button on your Axiom to control Acid's transport commands (rec, play, forward, etc.),
Copy and Paste this (huge) link on your browser's address bar (Axiom 49 and 61 keys only):
For Axiom 25, copy / paste this one in your browser's address bar :
If the link doesn't work properly, you'll have to register / sign it with your Yahoo Account, and subscribe to this forum (link : [url]http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/M-Audio_Enigma/), and access the file in the "Files" menu on the left of the forum menu bar, then in the "Axiom 25/49/61" subfolder.
It will download a ZIP file made by a guy's nicknamed TheWorldNeedsRock on this Yahoo! M-Audio / Enigma Forum (link above). This ZIP file contains a XML file that you can save wherever you want on your hard drive, as soon as you remember where you've extracted it.
Then open Acid,
1. First go to Options > Preferences > MIDI
2. Make sure that USB Axiom 61 Out is selected on the MIDI track playback list, and USB Axiom 61 In1 is selected on the MIDI input list. Then clic Apply.
3. The go to the External Control & Automation tab.
4. Add a "Generic Control".
5. Double clic on it (in the Active Control devices list below), and clic on "Open..." and look for this very XML file I talked about above.
6. DON'T FORGET to select MIDI input : USB Axiom 61 In1 at the bottom of the window.
7. Then clic OK
8. DON'T FORGET to tick Options > External Control.
You're done !
Now hit play with your Axiom, or Rec if you have a track record enabled to try it out !
Message last edited on 5/13/2008 2:42:48 PM by Zacchino.
Subject: RE: Using M-Audio Axiom Transports with ACID PRO 6
Reply by: thirdnostril
Date: 5/27/2008 8:37:09 AM
Thank you in advance. I've been wondering how to get those features to work.